vim languages

wrobell wrobell at pld-linux.org
Wed Aug 8 00:33:19 CEST 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 09:16:29PM +0200, Jakub Bogusz wrote:

> > > What's the difference between current vim and vim-full?
> >
> > AFAIR current vim has only perl enabled by default.
> > Or only perl was enabled some time ago...
>
> So maybe let's enable perl and python, keeping tcl and ruby disabled
> until someone proves that (s)he really needs them.

as i know there is some ruby based outliner in the world... so it will
be required at some stage. but ruby is huge, so having it by default...

i am from python camp... but on other side i can understand people who use
ruby and hate python for some reason. having it just to use vim is sick,
too.

what is even strange... try one of 'help {tcl,perl,python,ruby,mzscheme}-dynamic'
and you will find at the very end of help file, that windows based build
supports dynamic library loading. crap.

regards,

    wrobell <wrobell at pld-linux.org>