[ac-ready] geninitrd-8381-1 gives me syntax error during boot of 2.6.20

Marek Guevara Braun marek.guevara at atm.com.pl
Tue Mar 20 11:17:53 CET 2007

I have just encountered a problem with initrd image generated by
geninitrd-8381-1 from ac-ready. During booting of 2.6.20.3-0.6 linux
kernel (LINUX_2_6_20 branch) I have obtained a "syntax error" message -
probably around loading modules stuff, then the booting procedure failed
 on mounting root device.

Downgrading to geninitrd-8286-1 from ac helped.

The syntax error message contained some info about problems with
quotation marks.

Regards,
Marek