Fwd: packages: grub2/grub.sysconfig - default no recovery menu

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Fri Dec 4 20:27:37 CET 2009

2009/12/4 Bartosz Świątek <shadzik at gmail.com>:
> W dniu 4 grudnia 2009 19:42 użytkownik Elan Ruusamäe
>> press 'e' to edit grub commandline or supply whatever you want in kernel
>> commandline.
> Yep, sure, I'm gonna waste my time by pressing 'e' each time I wan't
> single user mode - that's dump - really dump.

Sure, I guess these five seconds per year (I assume a properly
configured machine needs such maintenance mode once a year) could be
spent doing something productive like arguing over a feature enabled
and then disabled by glen.

>>> Can you for once not try to fuck up configurations of other people!?
>> i added the feature i can disable it being default on as well.
> Yes, since when? I brought kde4 to PLD I can remove it? What fucking
> philosophy is this? Are you drunk?

If people can get it back by pressing a letter or by editing a config
file, sure, go ahead. You'll save KDE guys hundreds of MBs in
downloads.

>> if you want otherwise, disable/enable in your config.
> You do so if this option adds "to much noise" to your menu. By default
> this option is used by many distros, why should we do it otherwise?

That's right (yet probably accidental): let's keep it disabled, why
should we do otherwise?

>> before my changes you had nothing, not even broken or working config.
> Bla bla bla, you're really a hero. If it wasn't you, someone else
> would have added it.

Ooh, next year I'll just I'll go and drink with glen while
SomeoneElse™ adds stuff :)

>>> +1 to revert
>> where did you got the votes that you already revert-commited?
> Didn't have time to either wait for your response or to make a survey.
> Your php changes did cost me too much time after an upgrade so I
> dicided to prevent the same now with grub2.

Let me quote: "You're really a hero."

--
Patryk Zawadzki