CONFIG_DEVTMPFS

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Thu Dec 17 09:49:15 CET 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 09:40:32AM +0100, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> We have udev package providing the minimum required to launch
> shells (/dev/zero, /dev/console etc.).

Ah, cute.  I've done it when udev wasn't pretty requisite.

> In case of DEVTMPFS

Thanks, already skimmed over 2.6.32 relnotes back then.

I'm considering it (with vm_deadlock/swap-over-nfs patches)
for custom LTSP kernels, so am naturally interested in ditching
udev if no hardware changes are to occur (e.g. when we have
16M RAM or less and can't pull in all the machinery to handle
usbflash -- even full-blown udev might be too much).

--
while at it, http://www.altlinux.org/LTSP [ru]:
LTSP5 with the better pieces of LTSP4 back in