recent java changes (enforcing gcj)

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Mon Mar 23 22:16:28 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 03:49:54PM +0100, Paweł Zuzelski wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Jakub Bogusz wrote:
>
> > There should be a way to build packages using jdk - without need to
> > uninstall java-sun and replace it with gcj - e.g. by %bcond_with jdk.
>
> IMO we should enforce a specified implemetation of jdk even
> for packages that can be build using both jdks, because package
> built with java-sun differ from the same package built with
> java-gcj-compat-devel.

By default - yes.
But it should be possible to build using java-sun by (explicitly) using
some bcond.

[...]
> > Also, removing versioned jre Requires doesn't look good to me - the
> > required versions were put not without reason.
>
> This dependency should be autogenerated and it should look like
> that: R: java(ClassDataVersion) = n
(+further explanation in next posting)

This is jvm.
But particular version of jre contains also set of libraries with
matching versions - and it can be something that versioned jre
dependencies could cover.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/