TeTeX and TeXLive

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Wed Nov 25 15:06:29 CET 2009

On Wednesday 25 November 2009 10:51:15 Zsolt Udvari wrote:
> So, what I want?
>
> From the "developers": I want that the package "maintainers" check
> his/her packages and their (build)requires and if necessary, update
> the depends from tetex to texlive and increment the release (and test
> the package, of course ;))
>
> From the "users" (and "developers" too ;)): if you use any TeX-system
> and you use tetex now, please upgrade to texlive.

isn't this this is too complicated for average developer (tm)?

how would he/she know what is the new name?

imho it's better make some migration package for the upgrade process and
maintain it separately, like there exists X11.spec.

it could be also source for BR's to fill, maybe even adopt adapter.awk for that.

[1] http://cvs.pld-linux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/packages/X11/X11.spec?only_with_tag=AC-branch

--
glen