texlive 2012

Artur Wroblewski wrobell at pld-linux.org
Tue Sep 11 22:58:55 CEST 2012

Does it make sense to have texlive.spec and texlive-texmf.spec?

I understand that the latter deals with much larger source file,
but then we have to deal with problems like the following

- amstex.1 manual is provided by texlive.spec
- amstex format and other files are provided by texlive-texml.spec

Also, due to two spec files we create some artificial packages, i.e.

- texlive-texmf.spec: texlive-latex-bibtex-data
- texlive.spec: texlive-latex-bibtex - it requires the above, but you have
  to build texlive.spec first

I would suggest to merge those two specs again. Bit more painful
to build, but much simpler to maintain.

Regards,