migrating pld /var/run to /run (and related dirs)

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Sat Feb 8 18:52:34 CET 2020

On Thu, Feb 06, 2020 at 19:20:26 +0100, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:

> We need to finally do this while still keeping sysvinit compatibility
> (using symlinks).

Why do we need to do this? Legacy SysVinit uses /var/run and works,
while systemd systems are already handled well (tmpfiles etc.) in /run.

In other words: what problem are you going to solve and in which
scenarios? IMHO the /etc/init.d/ scripts should be kept as they are.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>