Perl-RPM rpm

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczek at rudy.mif.pg.gda.pl
Thu May 10 00:48:35 CEST 2001

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Chris Garrigues wrote:

> I'm gradually migrating from a redhat-based configuration to a PLD-based
> configuration.  I just updated RPM to rpm-4.0.2-12.

Intersting :_)

[..]
> Header.xs: In function `rpmhdr_NEXTKEY':
> Header.xs:885: warning: passing arg 4 of `headerNextIterator' from incompatible pointer type
> make: *** [RPM/Header.o] Error 1
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.31019 (%build)
>
> Any thoughts?

We known about this and this cause why perl-RPM isn't present on
ftp.pld.org.pl in main hierarhy. Above probaly is perl(RPM) module problem
or some other on border between perl 5.6.1 and perl(RPM) module. I'm not
investigate yet this problet but pldnotify.awk script says for me:

[SPECS]$ ./pldnotify.awk perl-RPM.spec
perl-RPM(12) [OLD] 0.30 [NEW] 0.31

and potentialy try upgrade to newer source can fix this. Anyway if this
can't cure above any bug raports must be send on first to perl(RPM) module
maintainer using latest version.

kloczek