Perl-RPM rpm

Chris Garrigues cwg-pld at deepeddy.com
Thu May 10 02:06:58 CEST 2001

> From:  =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Tomasz_K=B3oczko?= <kloczek at rudy.mif.pg.gda.pl>
> Date:  Thu, 10 May 2001 00:48:35 +0200 (CEST)
>
> On Wed, 9 May 2001, Chris Garrigues wrote:
>
> > I'm gradually migrating from a redhat-based configuration to a PLD-based
> > configuration.  I just updated RPM to rpm-4.0.2-12.
>
> Intersting :_)
>
> [..]
> > Header.xs: In function `rpmhdr_NEXTKEY':
> > Header.xs:885: warning: passing arg 4 of `headerNextIterator' from incomp
> atible pointer type
> > make: *** [RPM/Header.o] Error 1
> > error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.31019 (%build)
> >
> > Any thoughts?
>
> We known about this and this cause why perl-RPM isn't present on
> ftp.pld.org.pl in main hierarhy. Above probaly is perl(RPM) module problem
> or some other on border between perl 5.6.1 and perl(RPM) module. I'm not
> investigate yet this problet but pldnotify.awk script says for me:
>
> [SPECS]$ ./pldnotify.awk perl-RPM.spec
> perl-RPM(12) [OLD] 0.30 [NEW] 0.31
>
> and potentialy try upgrade to newer source can fix this. Anyway if this
> can't cure above any bug raports must be send on first to perl(RPM) module
> maintainer using latest version.

It turns out that the RPM available at

	http://www.blackperl.com/Perl-RPM/

works without a hitch.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.