Installer.

Linus Swälas linus at wineasy.se
Wed Oct 3 12:39:21 CEST 2001

I've got a quite simple question that I'd like to have answerd, I'm out of
diskspace so I can't check this myself. (And someone ought to know).
When booted, the latest iso prints a warning saying that the installer isn't
made for multios boot and that it will destoy all data on the disk. I don't want
to multiboot so that's fine but I do have a home partition (/dev/hda7) which I
_DON'T_ want formatted.
So my simple question is: Will the setup/installer destroy the partition
table/format all partitions even if I choose "Use existing" from within the
setup program? And do I have to specify the partitions I already have on the
disk to the setup program? (/dev/hda1,swap hda2,/ hda3,/var hda5,/tmp hda6,/usr
and hda7,/home). It seems to me that it won't destroy data in this case but
since I cannot backup this data I want to KNOW. (I really don't want to loose my
/home, it's quite old. =))

Regards

    /  Linus Swalas

Linus Swälas