strange dlopen() problem with ucd-snmp RPM

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczek at rudy.mif.pg.gda.pl
Thu Apr 4 19:04:30 CEST 2002

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, John P. Looney wrote:
[..]
> > > [root at bartender ucd-snmp-4.2.3]# grep DL config.h |grep -v MIBS
> > > #define HAVE_DLFCN_H 1
> > > /* #undef HAVE_DLOPEN */
> > As you see in HAVE_DLOPEN symbol comes with libtool.m4 .. so probaly
> > proper solution it will be patch this for change s/DLOPEN/HAVE_DLOPEN/.
>
>  Are you sure ?

No. You are right this bug exist only in oure ucd-snmp and I'm wrkong on
fix this.

[/.\]
> > BTW. Do you know anything about other usefull modules for ucd-snmp ?
>
>  Not really. We use snmp in a product we make (linux based load balancer),
> so we have some extensions to let people configure ipvs & our monitoring
> and notification software. That is all I use it for.

So probably it is not avalaible publicaly (?).

> > BTW2. Today I'm prepare mbrowse (simple MIB browser). It is now avalaible
> > on ftp. Also continue in SNMP subject also on ftp is avalaible gxsnmp
> > (partialy works) and SMI tools. Do you know anything about other SNMP
> > tools ? (except scotty)
>
>  I was going to write a mib browser in PHP, but never got around to it. It
> would be nice if you had a SNMP browser in PHP running on the server too,
> so you didn't need an SNMP client.
>
>  There are very few good free tools for snmp, as people are willing to pay
> for SNMP tools.

IMHO good base is gxsnmp for have good tool but it is in kind "development
freez" :> For examaple now only work storing configuration in SQL table
and exist only one mysql backend (postgresq even not compiles). Probaby it
will be better rewrite this part for manage configuration using libgda or
someting. Have something more similar to HP/OpenView it will be very good
think ;>

kloczek