Help no X :(

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 13:10:00 CET 2004

ah ok brilliant
just need to add the USB mouse now
as that is not working :o

how to get USB External drive and hdb recognize on bootup?
will me editing fstab do?
also want PLD to remember to loadkeys uk
i am an intermediate Linux user

ie ex-Mandrake user (but not ex-Debian or ex-Slackware!)
so please bear with me - I dont know everything :D

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:18:41 +0000, Łukasz Jernaś <deejay1 at nsj.srem.pl> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 10:58:49 +0000
> Henry Gilbert <henry.gilbert at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've install PLD via floppy disk / net install
> > First I tried base and got stuck with many configs.
> > Then I tried KDE-base thinking everything will be done for me a-la
> > easy distros style.
> > I want to make this work ...
>
> For KDE to work properly you need the kdebase-desktop package.
> BTW which floppy disk were you using?
>
> > So far I managed to get the USB Harddrive working
> > but am seriously stuck with the Video
> >
> > I have no Display showing up
> >
> > Please let me know if there is something like Sax in PLD
> > so I can easily get X working
>
> AFAIK there is no such thing like SaX in PLD but you can always use
> xorgcfg or xorgconfig from the X11-setup package. Just type
> poldek -i X11-setup
> and then xorgcfg.
>
> Hope that'll help...
>
> --
> Lukasz Jernas
> |Architektura klient-serwer przypomina seks nastolatków. Wszyscy o tym|
> |mówią, ale nikt tego nie robi. A jeżeli ktoś już to robi, to robi to |
> |źle i niebezpiecznie. - prof. T. Morzy                               |

Now you can get AriZona Drinks in the UK
http://www.arizona.uk.com/shop.asp