Help no X :(

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 20:36:50 CET 2004

does poldek have a graphical mode?

the window-bar disappeared from my kde apps
so am thinking to  install things via poldek to fix the problem
but a graphical interface would stop me from having to log-out from X each time

so far PLD looks real good
but i need to fix some stuff to make it workable

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:20:04 +0000, Łukasz Jernaś <deejay1 at nsj.srem.pl> wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:10:00 +0000
> Henry Gilbert <henry.gilbert at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ah ok brilliant
> > just need to add the USB mouse now
> > as that is not working :o
> modprobe usbhid
> And set up /dev/input/mice as the mouse device in /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> Should work - didn't have the chance to test it because my mouse isn't
> working on *any* Linux distro.
> >
> > how to get USB External drive and hdb recognize on bootup?
> > will me editing fstab do?
>
> Adding proper modules to /etc/modules and an entry in fstab should do
> the trick.
>
> > also want PLD to remember to loadkeys uk
> > i am an intermediate Linux user
>
> Look at /etc/sysconfig/console and the KEYTABLE variable (if you don't
> have this file please install the kbd package with poldek)
> Anyway - /etc/sysconfig is a good place to look into when new packages
> are installed.
>
> --
>

> Lukasz Jernas
> |Architektura klient-serwer przypomina seks nastolatków. Wszyscy o tym|
> |mówią, ale nikt tego nie robi. A jeżeli ktoś już to robi, to robi to |
> |źle i niebezpiecznie. - prof. T. Morzy                               |

Now you can get AriZona Drinks in the UK
http://www.arizona.uk.com/shop.asp