can PLD be my favourite distro?

arnuld arnuld3 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 08:27:46 CET 2006

i am using Linux based GNU system from last 10 months, i threw away all
of Windows based & Windows CDs into the fire :-) 8 months ago, as i
made a decision to always use Free Softwares. anyway now i am using BLAG
Linux. over the time i have spent a good deal of time with Debian &
Fedora. here is the trouble i have now :

i have found most of the things are "hidden" behind the GUIs, (exactly
like Windows). I just do click, check some boxes & things are installed
or configured leaving me in confusion when something wrong happens.
now, from last 15 days i am getting irritated by GUIs, i can't focus on
my work when i use GUI configuration but i do fine when it comes to
"manual configuration" using files, i feel an attachment to this
sentence

 "Gee.. in UNIX everything is file"

i tried OpenBSD, which has quite old software, NetBSD takes 18 hours to
get to work with a Desktop, a pinful task. i dont like FreeBSD, to me
it feels like Fedora which i hate.

i found PLD & Frugalware at WIKIPEDIA. Is PLD the one i am looking
for? (i am learning programmer & i use GNOME all the time with "gcc")

-- arnuld
http://arnuld.blogspot.com/