Setting up (WAS Re: Test, is this list active?)

Jonathan Wilson wilson at claborn.net
Tue Jul 10 22:55:08 CEST 2001

At 10:00 PM 7/10/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>I don't really know about the UIDL command, but a quick grep gives me:
>ChangeLog:    - changed UIDL calculation method for mailbox!!!

It works quite well with kmail

> First note, in case it makes any difference (I don't think so, but
>> maybe) the servers are all SuSE 7.1
>
>Mine run OpenBSD, shouldn't matter.

:-) That's a relief . Not everything is that way :-)

>> Now, for virtual users, we have postfix set to deliver to local spool
>> files as follows:
>>
>> /var/spool/virtual/<directory_named_"domain.tld"
>
>That's the same setup as I use. You can configure the paths for
>this.

I assume you mean in the config file? Will try it in a minute..

> BTW, you will need the cvs version for this functionality.
>0.15 doesn't support this kind of virtual domains.

Got it...

>> So question #1 is, will solid pop also look in
>> /var/spool/virtual/domain.tld, or do I need to use a different setup?
>
>If you configure it like that, it will ;)
>My config is something like this:
>
><Global>
>        ChangeGID       yes
>        AllowAPOP       yes
>        AutoLogoutTime  10m
>        AddBulletins    no

You don't use "AllowNonIP       true" ? Why not, is it not needed anymore?

></Global>
>
><VirtualHost domain.tld>

You can use host name here instead of IP?

>        DpUIDEnable     yes
>        APOPServerName  domain.tld
>        MailDropName    /var/mail/domain.tld/%s
>        MailDropType    mailbox
>        DpUIDUser       popdomain
>        DpUIDDBFile     /etc/spop3d/domain.tld
></VirtualHost>
>
>where popdomain is a user you have to create, that owns
>/var/mail/domain.tld

Already created a user "spop3d", I assume that will do :-)

>> This is the thing I'm most unclear about. For NON-IP based domains,
>> how do I set up the passwords for SolidPOP to use, and can I still use
>> htpasswd to encrypt them (are they encrypted at all for SolidPOP)?
>
>No, you have to use spdbm. It maintains a database with
>domain-per-uid info. (usernames & passwords)

Thanks. spdbm is a little more complex then htpasswd :-)

Jonathan Wilson
System Administrator

Cedar Creek Software     http://www.cedarcreeksoftware.com
Central Texas IT     http://www.centraltexasit.com