Max Connections

JW wilson at claborn.net
Tue Nov 20 01:59:58 CET 2001

At 04:44 PM 11/19/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Looks like spop3d will accept perhaps a max of 5 connections within a specified time, then it denies for apx 60 seconds from the ip.   I notice this does not log, nor is it configurable, nor can I find it in the code.

I don't know anything about the code but that doesn't sound right to me for the following reason:

I host several (33, actually) domains. I personally have pop accounts on about 11 of them. I have all my accounts set to check at 5 minute intervals, which they do, and all at once, too. I'm fairly that means that every 5 mins, my mail app logs in 11 - all from the same IP address. Even "worse", 4 other people here in our company are behind the same NAT I am, so we all appear to be coming from the same IP, and most of them have at least 3 accounts up there. Since they use interval checking too, I rekon we've got about 20 to 30  accounts logging in pretty constantly.

I am, however, not running in standalone mode, and my code is a CVS check out that's a few months old, so maybe something has changed.

I'm not really saying you're wrong, it's just that the facts don't add up on my end.

Hey. You work for the people who make Jot and WordComp for the Palm OS?